A little apology

After receiving a comment on my grumpy post by a friend, it occurs to me that I may need to clarify my feelings and thoughts when it's not the midnight hour.

Don't get me wrong, it's good that people are excited about Sage and want to be in the loop. It's encouraging. It's good. We'd be sad if no one contacted us. We'd feel lonely and unloved. That being said..... when I answer the phone or open the e-mail, what exactly you say and how you say it can make something go over okay or make me feel like people have forgotten how to be sensitive. For example, "Are you in labor yet?" is not an okay question. I'd like to add that I have very high levels of hormones coursing through my body and don't handle anything as well. Another dangerous comment is "Have you had the baby yet?" This one is not outlawed but is only plausible if you are a funny person trying to be funny with it. And that's not ideal either.

Truth is, I can't tell you want to say or how to say it. One thing that works for me is to not talk pregnancy or baby talk. Tell me about your life. Discuss the weather. Ask about Tigger.

If you really want to ask about pregnancy, labor or baby, do what my friend did. Because he did the right thing. He called Scott.
Sometimes, we all just need a filter. He makes a good one. He tells me who is thinking about us and calling, I don't have to listen to the actual questions and words, and you don't have to worry about sending me into a tizzy AND you get info.

Other notes: There are people I need to talk to directly. Like both of our moms.

Why am I posting during the 5am hour? Because I managed to get to sleep before the midnight hour last night, but found myself way awake and unable to sleep at 5am. I can't win. Benefit to you, I'm less grumpy in the morn, even if I'm still tired.

P.S. Tigger is happily in my lap watching the news with me. He got up at five because he had to use the bathroom and was tired of me moving as I tried (and failed) to go back to sleep.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Steph,
Sage is beautiful! Congratulations on the successful eviction.

I can't wait to meet her...

Love ya,
Linda P.

Popular posts from this blog

Monster Child

Lame O