A happy reminder?

Why yes, it is late at night and I am still awake. It's been the routine the last week approximately. I go to bed with Scott, listen to him fall asleep, watch the cat join us, listen to him fall asleep and then after an hour of lying there, get up. No one stirs.

Then I'm on the computer reading blogs (or other assorted nonsense that requires little brain power) when my Google calender tab starts flashing red. I have a reminder. Usually this is a reminder of an event scheduled for the day that has long passed. It just so happened it's been flashing since 10 minutes before the event because the Google calender window was open.

If I had known what it would have told me I would have never clicked on that tab.

"Sage is due starting at 12:00am "

Well thanks Google calender. I was not aware of that. As if I needed one more reminder from outside my overly stretched and taxed body that I am still pregnant. As if Sage will listen to Google calender. She certainly hasn't been listening to me. Or anyone else for that matter.

It's not like I haven't gotten enough phone calls and e-mail asking if I've had the baby yet. Do people really think we would have the baby (or go into labor) and not tell anyone?
Is there something we have done to make people think that? I can't imagine there is.

So here I sit. Pregnant, uncomfortable, unable to sleep knowing that it is officially Sage's due date and I have not a single sign of impending labor.
Yes, I'm aware it could start anytime. It's hard to believe that when you've sat pregnant for the last several weeks without a whisper of change. I think I really believe she's never going to come out. I know they'll make her at some point but that's about as ideal a situation to me as still being pregnant now.

If you think this post is rather grumpy, well, it is. And for the record, I can't sleep. I haven't been sleeping through the midnight hour for days. I rather like sleeping through the midnight hour. Instead I sleep until 10am and feel sloshy all morning. As well, currently in my bed sleeping soundly are my husband AND my cat. I know when I walk myself back in to go to bed again that this is a peaceful happy option (to see the household quiet and my beloveds sleeping comfortably), as opposed to the waking every couple hours and not sleeping at all. Then again, I'm really tired of watching my hunny and the cat sleep wondering if this time I will be able to drift off as well. Peaceful or not, this stinks.

Yes, that's my official take.

Comments

MrMike said…
Steph,
sorry, but I too was one those nasty St. Patty's Day callers, wondering if there was any news. Please don't feel personally attacked by it, it's just excitement in sharing this experience with my best friends. In fact I'm much more excited about sage then I was for even my own nephews!! I love you guys and am praying for the day to approach quickly!

Popular posts from this blog

Monster Child

Lame O