Three day weekend!

Separate from our two camping trips planned for the summer, I have been longing to check out Olympic National Park.  It's one of the closest to us and we've never been there.   Specifically, I saw this picture and I just wanted to go check it out myself.
Sol Duc Hot Springs cabins, state of Washington, USA  Most favorite vacation I ever had with my daughters:
Sol Duc Hot Springs.   In a National Park.   With a campground near by.    Why in the world have we not checked that out?!?

So back when I was planning out grand adventures I suggested that we go there over Memorial Day weekend.  Everyone was game.   There were plenty of campsites available.  That was surprise to me, apparently I was just early enough because now they're completely full.

While this trip was just a separate little adventure from our summer gallivanting, it seemed like a good time to practice for the future.   I've been packing, double checking my lists and planning.  I'm calling this the baby step into our camping summer.   We are taking things we might not take for a weekend trip in the name of practice.   How will it all fit in the van?   What are we missing?  What might we not need?  

I usually make it a point not to go camping Memorial Day weekend because that's when everyone else goes.  It seems a little strange that I'm doing the thing I avoid.   It doesn't really matter as I can't help but look forward to it.  I'm been planning and prepping for a long while and I'm ready to actually get out into the woods/lake/beach and hopefully, prayerfully, have a whole bunch of fun.

I promise to report back.  ;)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monster Child

What would Ma Ingalls do?