Shopping

Today we went shopping. Kind of. We went to a photography store to learn more about cleaning negatives before scanning them. (Snotty got a fancy new scanner with his Christmas $) It also was a good reason to get out of the house even though it was cloudy, cold, raining and miserable. And also to wander through REI. They have a cool new bag that I want. (drool here)
Since we were already right there, we also stopped into Banana Republic. We've had luck in the past finding stuff there for Snotty. We only buy what is marked down and a good deal. And that fits. The real good deal is that it's usually quality stuff so it stands up to Snotty's rough-ness, repeated wear and washing when I can steal it away. While the women's stuff is often picked over and not my non-working style. Which is good because I usually don't need anymore clothing where he needs nice looking but casual and comfy clothing for work. That fits. You have no idea how challenging that really is.
So after collecting a decent amount of stuff for him to try on (hurray!), we meandered through the women's section. At least the part in the back where the sales stuff is. There right in front Snotty picks up a pair of jeans in my size for 19.97. So we grabbed them and I tried them on. They were a very nice pair of pants. And considering I prefer denim to any other kind of pant, I could justify adding another pair to my rotation at that price. Snotty got a nice pair of pants and a cool shirt. Imagine my surprise, shock and wonder when I noticed that the original price on my jeans was $128. !!! Are you kidding me? Who pays that much for jeans? They were nice but not that nice. All the same I've got that secret "I scored" smile. I've got Banana Republic jeans. Not that I care. I care that I've got nice $20 jeans. Because I've got fabric to buy. And fabric buying money doesn't grow on trees.
$128 HA!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monster Child

What would Ma Ingalls do?