Monday

Usually I look forward to Mondays with a strange sense of completion and routine. After a weekend that is busy more often than not, I long for a quiet day of laundry, sesame street and perhaps an errand or two. I'm free to visit friends, sew during nap time, go browsing at Goodwill, etc. I may vacuum, do dishes or clean.... which I don't like but makes the house feel much more pleasant.

The morning, Monday took a turn for the worse. A little something called a "coughing kid" paired with "mommy sleeping in the munchkins room" added up and delivered a "get up with a horrible coughing fit at 5am" and "decide it was time to get up".
Scott and I debated whether to have coffee or not as the munchkin happily ate yogurt. Would we get a nap? (Are you thinking what I'm thinking? ) "Not a chance". Scott poured the brown goo while I shut off the crock pot and turned on my Scentsy burner with the coffee scent. I like making chicken stock from carcasses in the Crock pot. Easy-peasy. The smell of the house at 5am after making chicken in the Crock pot? Not so much.

Currently, small sick child is back in her crib, hopefully taking a "nap". I'm trying to sort out what I can do on reduced brain power and smelling coffee and drinking coffee.

By the way, any handy solutions for helping a 18 month old with a cough? We've offered warm lemon and honey drink (which she didn't want, drank most of, and didn't want again), and given a spoonful of honey straight...... but what else can you do? I'm really asking. All three of us want her to sleep!!!

Comments

rae ann said…
okay, these are gross suggestions, but they really do help at our house!

vicks on the chest, those sudafed vaporizing plug-ins, humidifier (i'm sure you've already done that) and then raise the head end of her mattress by a 4-6 inches.

i also offer tea throughout the day and always with loads of honey.

hany in there! man, this can be so rough....

Popular posts from this blog

Monster Child

Lame O