Adventures of a 2 1/2 yo.

The lullaby music is dueling, playing in both the girl's bedroom and my bedroom. Yet where is the small child? Right behind me. Waiting for Daddy to arrive and put her to bed.
We call her a hoot. But lately she's been a big hoot. Talking like crazy. She told me today she wanted to drive to "Hi-ho". (Idaho). She also specifically requested onion rings. But best of all was the conversation we had on the drive home from lunch with Daddy.

Do you want to go to college at Boise State or University of Oregon?

University of Oregon.

Do you want to go to college at University of Oregon or Oregon State?

Oregon State.

Did you know the mascot of Oregon State is a beaver. Do you want to be a beaver?

- Stunned silence -

Boise State!

Oh, so you want to go to school at Boise State?

Yes.

Are you going to live with Grandma and Papa?

Yes.
And Ava and Jackson. (her cousins)

You're going to live with Ava and Jackson?

Ava and Jackson.

Do you want to live in the dorms with Ava?

Yes. And Jackson.

You can live in the dorms with Jackson because he's a boy.

Oh. - stunned silence-
Live with Ava and Jackson.

Do you want to live in an apartment with Ava and Jackson?

Ava and Jackson


That was pretty much the end of the fun part of the conversation. It was hilarious to have her interact with me this much. It was also hilarious when she told me she didn't touch the hot muffin tin when she very obviously did. She said no in a sad whiny voice while clutching her finger and starting to cry. I would have laughed except I went into mother mode since my small child had just burned her finger.

Okay, that's all I've got for now. I need to go find something to drink. I'd love lemonade, but I think we're all out. Good thing fall's around the corner

Comments

Jaimey said…
that is really cute! Isn't it great that they are so vocal now?! I love it...usually. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Monster Child

Blog